Yeah, I’m a little late but you know what they say.
1. Business will be best for some (those that have a real plan for creating success) and worse for some (those that do not). Mostly worse.
2. Costs will go up. In every period. Across the board.
3. Creative ways to feature new recipes will be created.
4. Technology will continue to let you do more stuff you don’t need to do just because you read that article about it in Nation’s Restaurant News or Hotel magazine, written by that guru who has never owned or operated a successful business or hotel, who said you needed to.
5. More marketing gurus will tell you you have to buy their solutions in a box , well…just because they need income.
6. More operators will discount because they don’t understand how to create meaningfully differentiated value in their guest experience.
7. Discount operators will discount more heavily and spend more on advertising to tell guests to spend less.
8. Groupon will implode.
9. Roughly 8% of existing businesss will close but will be replaced by operators who think they will succeed because they can do it best. They won’t.
10. Social media will play an even bigger role in amplifying mediocrity.
10.2 Government will continue to play a role in helping operators flush money down the toilet.
10.3 Restaurant Associations will continue to collect dues while operators continue to fight a staggeringly weak economy and politicians talk about rainbows and unicorns.
10.4 Tons of industry wags will write about 2015 trends but fail to fully explain to you how there is no such thing except inside each individual market segment. The only question is where do you want to take your guests, not someone else’s. Trends lists are nothing more than good old fashioned link bait.
Did I miss anything? OK…see you next year!
You Have Two Options:
- Grow your business.
- Make excuses.
Our powerful business programs are about helping you and your business master the fundamentals and create positive,
long-term opportunity. No other program(s) offers more value with the immediate impact or greater ROI than ours.
Books, articles and DVD’s can create awareness, but only Coaching can create the level of impacting and sustainable change necessary to grow your business.
Call Us Toll Free 888-998-8744 or use the form below to talk about how we can help you build the best business.