The Number One Complaint of All Guests Everywhere
Zagat consistently measures the dining experiences of thousands of guests all over the country and in every type of concept imaginable. Guess what is consistently guest’s #1 complaint?
Service – The Weak Link: As with most cities Zagat surveys, service is the number one dining irritant of Chicago’s business goers, cited by 77% of all surveyors. In comparison, noise (8%), prices (4%), and poor food (4%) come in far behind.
Service – The Weak Link: As with most American cities, the vast majority of Atlantans found poor service to be the most irritating factor in the local dining scene. 63% of all dining-related complaints were about service, compared to only 14% about noise, 6% about prices, 6% about food, and 4% about parking and traffic.
Service – The Weak Link: As with most American cities, an overwhelming percentage of Texans found poor service to be the most irritating factor in the local dining scene. 78% of all dining-related complaints were about service, compared to only 8% about noise and 4% about prices.
When are we going to wake up already and start investing in building the best guest experience? Look at what the competitive advantage would be in just three of the largest geographic areas in the country.
- Training Culture Vs Learning Culture - February 22, 2015
- Why Did Wendy’s Quit the Breakfast Wars? - December 23, 2014
- What Is The Guest Experience? - October 28, 2014
- What Happened To Critical Thinking? - October 7, 2014
- Social Media Notes: How Not To Tell Your Story - October 6, 2014
- Twitter & Restaurant Marketing: Some Numbers To Ponder - September 29, 2014
- What Kind of Employee Experience Are You Creating? - August 2, 2014
- How Fun Creates Results - July 9, 2014
- The SHG Event Calendar For 2014 - April 17, 2014
- TOH: Delusional Process Management Syndrome - April 8, 2014