Shift Notes: WOW Server, Goofball Manager
Had a really great experience last week. Service was absolutely awesome! Food was great! Then our time together enjoying the experience was ruined by the floor manager constantly interrupting every 20 minutes just to get his table visits in!
I finally told him that his server was doing a great job and that is wasn’t necessary to keep interrupting every so often just to get those table visits in. Besides, I had heard him talk to the table next to us and the one after and recommended to him that saying the same thing to each guest just to be able to say you talked to every table was counterproductive.
Let your service pros do their job. Especially if they are much better at it than you are!
You Have Two Options:
- Grow your business.
- Make excuses.
Our powerful business programs are about helping you and your business master the fundamentals and create positive, long-term opportunity. No other program(s) offers more value with the immediate impact or greater ROI than ours or creates the level of impacting and sustainable change necessary to grow your business.
- Training Culture Vs Learning Culture - February 22, 2015
- Why Did Wendy’s Quit the Breakfast Wars? - December 23, 2014
- What Is The Guest Experience? - October 28, 2014
- What Happened To Critical Thinking? - October 7, 2014
- Social Media Notes: How Not To Tell Your Story - October 6, 2014
- Twitter & Restaurant Marketing: Some Numbers To Ponder - September 29, 2014
- What Kind of Employee Experience Are You Creating? - August 2, 2014
- How Fun Creates Results - July 9, 2014
- The SHG Event Calendar For 2014 - April 17, 2014
- TOH: Delusional Process Management Syndrome - April 8, 2014