Tailored Professional Development for Leaders and Senior Executives
Executive coaching or one-to-one coaching (1:1) is when a person works individually with an executive coach on their particular areas of strengths and opportunities in order to fulfill their personal or professional potential. It is a catalyst for enhanced performance of the individual and/or the groups they lead.
Benefits of Executive Coaching Include:
For the leader or senior executive:
- fast(er)-track leadership development;
- enhanced leadership and strategic planning skills;
- better decision-making;
- improved goal setting – and faster achievement of goals;
- ability to inspire and motivate teams, including across geographically dispersed locations;
- confident communication;
- improved working relationships.
For the organization:
- improved management and leadership effectiveness
- more creativity, empowerment and ownership unleashed in the business
- underpinning effective implementation of organizational change through supporting teams and individuals
- greater commitment from recipients of the coaching
- higher retention of key people who feel valued
As you seek to reach the ranks of great leaders, ask yourself these questions:
- Do I know what makes each of my team members motivated? Discouraged?
- Do I know the level of skill of each employee? Am I adapting to the abilities of each?
- Am I creating an environment that encourages uniqueness and difference?
- Am I suffocating others by making them feel like they have to be a certain way (“my way or the highway”)?
- How am I utilizing each person to his or her utmost potential, regardless of how he or she compares to other team members?
- Am I rigid and unable to adapt to needs and team members accordingly?
- What am I doing to make progress in this strategy?
The Best in the Business
We pioneered coaching in the Hospitality industry over 35 years ago and continue to lead the field globally, providing executive coaching, leadership development and coaching skills training for leaders and managers of Hospitality businesses around the world. Through our experiential based coaching and evaluation methods we help individuals, teams and organizations focus on current and future achievements in a way that builds awareness of strengths, establishes personal responsibility and results in behavior change that impacts the bottom-line.
We provide you with the opportunity to fulfill your potential by working one-to-one with one of the world’s best Hospitality coaches.
Our approach and success are characterized by collaboration and partnership with our clients and a concentrated, clear focus on achieving outstanding results where we are certain that together, we can truly create value for both the individual and the business.
Our executive coaching interventions offer a transformational approach to coaching rather than a transactional approach. This means we work not only at the behavior level but also at the mindset and beliefs level which is the element that makes the difference between short-term change and long-term transformation.
Our Executive Coaching Program Will Help You To:
- Develop foresight, anticipate trends, prevent problems and develop successful strategies
- Create and communicate a vision for the organization
- Understand, work with and/or change organizational values to meet current market needs or trends
- Learn how to empower people and work units, while helping the organization stay on course and sustain and build momentum, and
- Understand your strengths, skills, underdeveloped areas, and more, so you can hire people who augment your talents
- Translate leadership changes into bottom line value
Who is Executive Coaching For?
Executive coaching is tailored to the needs of the individual. Some of the reasons for using executive coaching are:
- preparation for role/career changes;
- managing stress, change, conflict or crisis;
- enhancing personal impact and performance;
- supporting the appointment of a person into a different role;
- accelerating the personal development of individuals defined as high potential;
- acting as an objective and independent sounding board to a senior individual;
- offering tailored development as a means of rewarding and retaining key staff critical to the business.
Executive Coaching Process
We deliver executive coaching sessions either face to face, via telephone coaching or a mixture of both mediums. We work collaboratively with each client to ensure that their needs and objectives are understood before facilitating the program. Each client is taken through an evaluation process to set benchmarks prior to coaching and a final evaluation session to provide details on development and return on investment. Throughout the coaching process, regular update reports on coaching progress and status are provided including trends, progress and recommendations, and respecting the confidentiality of the coaching.
Effective coaching skill development focuses on four areas:
- Helping managers diagnose the learning styles of team members to optimizing one’s work with them. These adjustments can accelerate the team member’s ability to learn from experience.
- Using questioning and active listening to help others clarify goals in relation to the current realities, outlining the challenges ahead in achieving an important result, and figuring out to how best overcome these challenges. At SHG, we term the second set of coaching capabilities: Performance Partnerships.
- Providing reinforcing feedback, builds inspirational and behavioral momentum by highlighting what is working well and should be continued.
- Identifying and resolving performance gaps while winning the commitment of team members to closing these key gaps.
Evaluation and Return on Investment (ROI)
SHG specializes in evaluating the impact of coaching engagements and estimating the return on investment (ROI). We use our in-house coaching evaluation tool, Coaching for Performance ROI, to measure the baseline at the outset of the coaching relationship and the growth and development that has occurred during the coaching sessions. Depending on the position of the coachee within the organization, it is possible to trace the impact to the bottom line. Please note that the confidentiality of the coaching is not compromised through this method.
Coach Training Programs
After personally experiencing the benefits of coaching, many of our executive coaching clients are excited to learn how to coach and develop their own coaching leadership style. We support them to do this through training programs such as our “Coaching for Performance”.