Why Should You Attend?
Organizations need managers and leaders who use coaching skills to empower employees to achieve organizational goals. Managers are expected to coach, but aren’t given the tools and knowledge necessary to coach effectively and aren’t held accountable for the impact coaching has on teams and the business.
The business impact is real. SHG research has shown that, year over year, organizations that effectively leverage coaching consistently realize higher revenue growth than peer companies that don’t embrace coaching. By equipping employees with the tools and knowledge to respond, problem-solve, and adapt in real time, managers and leaders realize tangible benefits such as improved team functioning, increased engagement, faster leadership development, and increased productivity.
SHG’s Coaching for Engagement & Performance Workshop gives strategic Hospitality leaders a scalable, actionable framework for building coaching skills and abilities into the fabric of their organization, transforming the manager-employee relationship and driving measurable business results.
- Learn the attributes of a strong coaching culture, powered by research and real company outcomes, and how you can immediately begin to be more effective in your use of coaching across the organization.
- Be given a complete roadmap for implementing, integrating, and communicating a coaching approach, with emphasis on the competencies and tools for managers and leaders using coaching skills.
- Learn to improve organizational results through coaching among all employees, while addressing (and helping change) the negative connotation of coaching being a remedial measure that it has carried in the past.
- Gain innovative and practical models, tools, and techniques for embedding coaching behaviors and activities in your organization.
Who Should Attend?
This curriculum is for professionals looking for a way to get started with and/or effectively leverage the impact of a new model for coaching in their organization. Some of the roles that will benefit from obtaining the Coaching for Engagement and Performance designation include:
- HR Practitioners
- Managers and Leaders
- Learning and Development Manager
- Director of Learning
- Leadership Development Manager
- Business Unit Managers and Directors
- Organizational Development Specialist or Consultant
- Communications Managers or Specialists
- Field HR Manager
- Any individual who oversees coaching activities or programs
Phase 1: DEFINE
What is a Culture of Coaching?
- Introduction to Coaching
- Culture of Coaching
- Coaching, Development and Performance
- Business Impact of a Coaching Culture
- Managers Using Coaching Skills
Phase 2: DESIGN
What Infrastructure is Right for your Organization?
- Coaching Skills Assessment
- Designing a Coaching for Engagement and Performance
Phase 3: DEVELOP
How to Implement a Coaching Culture
- Coaching Culture Realities
- Driving Adoption of a Coaching Culture
- Activating a Coaching Culture
How We Make You Better
All of our programs are built to make you a success. Which means we build them according to your specific and unique needs. This doesn’t mean we “customize” them to fit your business (which means nothing more than taking a templated program and tweaking it to fit your situation). We personalize them 100% from the beginning to ensure that we leverage every unique aspect of your business in order to innovate your ability to create success. This is a very critical difference.