Actually, food is just one part of it!
Operators often scoff at the idea that the product of Hospitality businesses is a “social product” inasmuch as it’s not about the food and eating or the bed and sleeping. It’s about the event in the day-to-day lives of each and every Guest that they have chosen to share with you. And your experience either adds to or subtracts from their daily lives. This is a powerful understanding of how Hospitality businesses impacts the lives of each Guest.
Your product isn’t just good food or a good bed along with good service in a good environment. That may have worked 20 years ago, but if that’s all it is now, congratulations, you’ve built a mediocre business. Today’s guest expects more. Demands more. And they’ll get it or you won’t see them again.
Which is why you have to look at your business holistically and create a strategy that adds meaningfully differentiated value at every single touchpoint for every single guest – every day.
Our business is truly the only business where the Experience is the Business. And it’s this ‘Experience As Business’ approach we utilize in every facet of our work. From menu engineering to hiring & training to location selection and beyond.
Not only does our approach set you up to succeed, but it also protects it from external influences that would destroy a weaker brand which gravitates towards a focus on a transactional and commodity type approach to business.
Excellent experiences do not simply come from a friendly transaction or helpful technology—it is the result of truly understanding your guest’s expectations and putting the right guidelines and service standards in place to exceed them. When an organizational framework properly unites its people, place and processes by putting the guest at its core, exceptional experiences become possible across guest touch points. This creates greater intent to return and recommend, as well as a stronger competitive edge. With more than four decades of successful guest experience creation , no one understands this better than myself.
I help individuals and organizations reimagine their results by transforming the creation of exceptional guest experiences into a culture unified by a common purpose. Once people, place and processes are aligned with a common purpose, quality standards and shared values, employees at the front line are empowered to perform because they are equipped with the right tools and clear understanding of the desired outcomes. When team members’ behaviors are reinforced through Coaching, they are inspired to continue creating extraordinary experiences. In short, employees who feel valued, appreciated and contributing to something bigger than themselves, will make sure their guests do as well.
In sharing our approach to Hospitality with successful individuals and the world’s top organizations, we understand that no two businesses are the same and there is no one-size-fits-all answer. I provides professional development courses suited for professionals to illustrate our unique philosophy on service, as well as other Hospitality Fundamentals. By immersing ourselves within your corporate culture, we also offer custom business solutions designed to enable organizations to adapt my strategies through a tactical roadmap for transforming your organization.
Our Social Business
In a massively interconnected world, hospitality businesses are prioritizing guest intimacy as never before. Dramatic increases in the availability and sharing of information, has exponentially expanded guests’ options. Organizations are realizing more and more that ongoing engagement and co-creation with guests produce sustainable differentiation and profitable growth. Moreover, the information explosion has resulted in an unprecedented opportunity to develop deeper guest insights.
The right marketing and guest strategy can help an organization turn guests into advocates, infuse guest interactions across each channel with positive impressions of the company, and help engender a feeling of loyalty across the guest base. The SHG® guest experience and market strategy consulting services can help your organization achieve its goals. Assess, analyze, and build strategies to address markets, marketing, sales, service and online interactions.
Business leaders are addressing many challenges and opportunities in today’s growing digital and dynamic world, including:
- Understanding guest needs, expectations and behaviors at the point of experience.
- Driving guest advocacy, profitability and retention across segments, profiles, geographies, demographics and other dimensions.
- Maximizing revenues through guest-centric activities, channels, and products and services
- Capitalizing on digital channels, coordinating and integrating multi-channel environments, and optimizing interaction channels for experience, service and cost effectiveness
- Developing strategies to conquer and optimize digital brand issues
The SHG® consulting offerings include the following integral components:
- Guest Centric Strategy: Strategies to help you focus on the guest experience, care and recovery.
- Channel Transformation: Strategies and approaches to help implement experience and care activities across any and all applicable channels
- Social Media: Strategies and approaches to create meaningfully differentiated social guest experiences and drive deeper guest loyalty.
- Digital Brand & Presence: Strategies and approaches to best leverage and manage your brand in a digital, web-based world
- Social Sales & Marketing: Consulting services to help you understand how to improve revenue and manage the sales and marketing organization through more intelligent, instrumented and interconnected marketing and communications activities.
We can help you develop a customized social business strategy that will:
- Engage, develop and grow relationships with your current and potential guests which will lead to increased market share, customer loyalty and increased revenues
- Navigate social platforms: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- Create brand and property awareness
- Allow for best service recovery and guest retention, and
- Help your attraction, hiring and retention efforts
HERE ARE FIVE WAYS I CAN HELP YOU START GROWING YOUR BUSINESS TODAY
1. Join my BizWorx™ Coaching program and start growing your business the very day you start. I help business leaders rapidly grow their businesses with sustainability. If this fast growth interests you, call me at +1 817-797-2929 and talk to me about your opportunity at no charge.
2. Engage me in a GrowthWorx™ Consulting Project and finally set your business on the road to rapid and sustainable growth.
3. Conduct an Onsite Review in order to create a blueprint for growing your business in the coming year.
4. Have me Facilitate A Strategy Session for your leadership team. Most of our clients now do this every 6 months and it has provided the needed focus and accountability necessary to achieve sustainable growth.
5. Have questions? Let’s Talk! Contact me to discuss your opportunity with no obligation to you for the first conversation.