- March 4, 2016
- Posted by: Jeffrey Summers
- Categories: Coaching, Growing Your Business
Despite business Coaching’s proven track record of success, some people resist using a coach themselves. Their resistance or skepticism is often rooted in misconceptions about what business coaching is all about. The most common myths I hear about coaching include:
- Coaching is for people who cant do it alone
- Coaching will make me appear inadequate to my peers or team
- Coaching is a punitive measure for under-performers
- Coaching is too much like counseling
- Coaching is time-consuming
- Coaching is expensive
While these are all valid concerns, the Return on Investment (ROI) from hiring a coach warrants serious consideration.
A study which compared training alone to coaching and training found that training alone increased productivity by 22.4% & training plus coaching increased productivity by 88%.