This is a list (in no particular order) of our core beliefs for building great businesses out of good businesss. We predicate all of our operational philosophies and client outcomes on these beliefs.
- The Guest Experience is the most important (only) product you offer.
- Attracting “A” level talent is a function of great operations. Recruiting is a function of poorly managed operations.
- People are your greatest asset.
- Profitability has a direct correlation to the value of the experience you offer your guests through your ability to demand premium pricing.
- Marketing is the only thing that makes you money. Everything else is a cost.
- Restaurant Marketing involves every aspect of the Guest Experience – from the parking lot to the restrooms to the final payment and beyond.
- Everyone is involved in marketing your business – from the host/doorman/receptionist/cashier to the dishwasher/server/maid/cashier to the vendors you utilize.
- Great operations are the foundation of great marketing. You cannot have or execute great marketing with badly managed businesses.
- Great businesses do not focus on cost-cutting at the expense of building top-line sales. Nor do they use cost-cutting as a growth engine. You cannot shrink your way to greatness.
- Great systems and processes are the foundation of greater profitability. They must be part of your businesses DNA.
- You find “A” level talent to execute great systems and processes. You do not build systems and processes for the talent.
- Ongoing Training and Coaching are core investments for great businesses. They cannot be considered costs that must be cut in times of downturns.
- Market share is irrelevant. Target markets are critical.
- Discounting is antithetical to great businesses that offer a greater and differentiated guest experience. It kills your business.
- The economy has nothing to do with your success or failure.
- Great businesses embrace change as a core value.
- Business strategy must be synthesized with core values. When it is not, businesses fail.
- “Fun” must be a core value.
- All Restaurant Marketing must be “local” to be effective. Your target market is the community you serve and this must be the focus for your business.
- Great businesses are profitable from “Day 1”.
- The days of “slow” and “soft” anything are over (slow opens, soft rollouts, etc…).
- Good service is not the same thing as great hospitality. Service (technical inputs) is the foundation for hospitality(emotional outputs).
- Your business is a direct reflection of who you are.
- Behaviors that create emotional attachments drive loyalty, not points or low prices. Real, organic loyalty cannot be bought.
- Developing guest loyalty is incumbent upon your ability to engage guests at all touchpoints on an emotional level.
- Retail marketing strategies do not work with hospitality businesses. The products of each are not related.
- Innovation is the goal, not problem solving.
- Leaders of high-performance organizations speak of results and culture in the same breath. Their decisions, communications and actions reflect solid business strategies and core organizational values.
- The best leaders integrate traditional business competence with the ability to inspire. Competence may generate professional growth, but the higher your leaders go, the more they need to connect personally with employees to succeed.
- Relationships and dialogue, not strategies and systems, drive your business.
- Performance can’t be managed or mandated; your leaders need to focus employees and then help unleash their potential.
- Employee satisfaction isn’t enough. Engagement is required to impact the bottom line. Your workforce needs to be talented, aligned, prepared and committed.
- Individuals are responsible for their job satisfaction and success.
Clarity and the right support can help them become – and stay – engaged.
- Building on strengths provides the fastest route to success.
- Success for your people and your organization requires action.
- Action demands a plan and the courage to carry it out.
How We Make You Better
All of our programs are built to make you a success. Which means we build them according to your specific and unique needs. This doesn’t mean we “customize” them to fit your business (which means nothing more than taking a templated program and tweaking it to fit your situation). We personalize them 100% from the beginning to ensure that we leverage every unique aspect of your business in order to innovate your ability to create success. This is a very critical difference.